The Virus-X excellence in science is being recognized and a number of scientific publications supported by Virus-X are being published in high-impact scientific journals:
- Steinegger M, Söding J. MMseqs2 enables sensitive protein sequence searching for the analysis of massive data sets. Nat Biotechnol. 2017 Nov;35(11):1026-1028.
- Galiez C, Siebert M, Enault F, Vincent J, Söding J. WIsH: who is the host? Predicting prokaryotic hosts from metagenomic phage contigs. Bioinformatics. 2017 Oct 1;33(19):3113-3114
- Mirdita M, von den Driesch L, Galiez C, Martin MJ, Söding J, Steinegger M. Uniclust databases of clustered and deeply annotated protein sequences and alignments. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017 Jan 4;45(D1):D170-D176.
- Liu Y, Ishino S, Ishino Y, Pehau-Arnaudet G, Krupovic M, Prangishvili D. (2017) A novel type of polyhedral viruses infecting hyperthermophilic archaea. Journal of Virology 91(13): e00589-17.
- Prangishvili D, Bamford DH, Forterre P, Iranzo J, Koonin EV, Krupovic M. (2017) The enigmatic archaeal virosphere. Nature Reviews Microbiology 15: 724-739.
- Ptchelkine, S. Gillum, T. Mochizuki, S. Lucas-Staat, Y. Liu, M. Krupovic, S. E. V. Phillips, D. Prangishvili, and J. T. Huiskonen. 2017. Unique architecture of thermophilic archaeal virus APBV1 and its genome packaging. Nat. Commun. 8: 1436. X
- Krupovic M, Cvirkaite-Krupovic V, Iranzo J, Prangishvili D, Koonin E. (2018) Viruses of archaea: Structural, functional, environmental and evolutionary genomics. Virus Research 244:181-193.
- Wang Y, Chen B, Cao M, Sima L, Prangishvili D, Chen X, Krupovic M. (2018) Rolling-circle replication initiation protein of haloarchaeal sphaerolipovirus SNJ1 is homologous to bacterial transposases of the IS91 family insertion sequences. Journal of General Virology 99:416-421.
- Steinegger, M., and Soding, J. (2018) Clustering huge protein sequence sets in linear time. Nature Commun., accepted. https://doi.org/10.1101/104034